Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer Starts Here


For the longest time, summer seems to be just around the bend; then suddenly, it's here. June 5th was such a day. A massive warm front moved up from the south, bringing dense moist tropical air into our region. The entire clan, husband, me, two dogs were out for a hike. The air was so thick the forest was mute and the sound of our own breathing amplified in contrast. Our voices sounded flat and hollow as if spoken from within a darkened chamber. The clouds lowered and rain came. The forest smelled delicious (I like mushrooms). By the time we rounded the last bend, the clouds lightened to something approximating daylight and the rain let up. I knew it was summer. By the next day, a 30C heatwave set in for the week.

Image: 10"x13" Canson paper, coloured pencil

5 comments:

fayaz said...

its so beautiful. not only the colouring but also the way u explains ur feelings for ur work.

Chrissy said...

I love this drawing, together with your words, I can smell it :-D

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Beautiful!!! I love this. I feel like I could step into it.... :)

Burraakk said...

i liked your blog .. your content excites me much..
i ll follow you... have a nice week

kaslkaos said...

Sorry its taken me so long to get back. What a lovely home-coming to see such wonderful comments on my last posting. You guys are all so nice. I'm glad you are enjoying both the words and the pictures. Sometimes I struggle much with both.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin