Sunday, September 28, 2008

My First Spam...and other mundanities

It finally happened. I got spam (spams?). Heretofore, posts will be moderated. Have no fears, have no worries. I LOVE comments. Makes me feel less alone in the universe, and unless your address is something akin to "Free Daily BlahBlahBlah" you'll get published. I knew it would happen inevitably, but I chose not to moderate until that day. Moderating is a bit of a pain. It delays things. I'm on dial-up, and don't access my computer daily (it takes about 5 minutes just to boot the bloody thing) so if your lovely comment doesn't show up in a day or two it just means that a) I'm away, b) my computer self-combusted, c) I forgot to renew my annual 'free-net' dial-up membership which actually costs $95cdn, or d) anything else ranging from asteroids to stomach flu.
While I'm on the subject of random mundanities, please let me apologize for my slowness in reading your blogs. Basically, I save my blog reading for any Saturday I can haul my butt into the local library where I have high-speed access for free--there I cram my surfing into the space of two hours. I sometimes suspect that I am the only blogger in the entire nettiverse that hobbles along with dial-up, so I just thought I'd get that confessional off my chest.
And last, but not least: announcing a change, or relaxation of format. I have since January adhered to a format that each post bears it's own illustration and posts fall, at least vaguely, into the genre of creative autobiography. This served my purposes well as it committed me to complete projects (some major, some minor) in both visual art and writing. Unfortunately, it also made it difficult to post more than weekly, which is fine, but sometimes feels a bit like strangulation. Things may be a bit more casual from now on. Maybe a photo that I just can't resist showing off (like the fluted helvella), maybe a whine and rant (like this post), maybe artwork that has nothing whatsoever to do with my life on this planet (which may have you speculating as to what other planet does she inhabit).
That said, hope I haven't bored you death, and no, there will be no forthcoming illustration of spam.
Happy blogging.

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

oh the joys of spammers :/ I would love to turn off comment moderating on my blog but when I do it just gets spammed :/ which is a shame because like you said it can sometimes take time to publish them so people can think you are ignoring the comment (which is never the case!)

kaslkaos said...

And see how long it took me! 7 days later--gee I hate dial-up. Thanks for commiserations! (and nice to know you're still reading. I've been feeling blank lately.

Chrissy said...

I just leave them to spam and then delete them using the bin...but it does leave a "comment removed by admin" which is not so good...

kaslkaos said...

I just had nightmares of finding 200 spams some day, which would take forever to delete.
'removed by admin' is just fine. We all know what that means...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin