Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More Doodle Diary 090121


Hoping you don't mind me posting my roughies. You are welcome to comment but I won't cry if you don't. If you want to read the scribbles, click to enlarge. I don't promise them to be coherent, though. My first panel was made the day I skied across Musselman's Lake. I kept running into vast slushy areas which was disconcerting to say the least. The ice was probably safe, but I can't say I felt comfortable about it and then when I attempted to take the west outflow into the swamp my dog tripped into a hole in the ice. Definitely time to go and I had to cross the lake to get home again. Before you think I'm crazy, it was -20C and had been cold for days, so the lake was probably safe. All said, probably had something to do with the drowning dream I had a few days later.
The second panel features my manga-esq take on the Obama Inaugural Ball.
Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

don't mind at all! I like seeing other peoples rough sketches :D

the ice was probably safe, still wouldn't get me on it though lol

dad and hubby went out on Lake Erie when it was frozen, probably over a foot of ice, but I wasn't getting anywhere near it lol

kaslkaos said...

My parents had a cottage so I got used to using lakes as highways in winter, but I like to think I also learned a healthy respect for it.
And, yeah, I like seeing rough sketches too, including yours!
(and hearing your little 'back in canada' anecdotes)

Michelle (artscapes) said...

The water on top of the snow is seepage from the weight of snow on the ice. There is over 12 inches by the ice shack (Lake Muskoka), but there were some very slushy days last week before we dropped down below -20C daytime....

I think my muse LIVE in hot chocolate!
Last night I dreamed I was reading an old poetry book in the basement of an abandoned church - abandoned by adults - full of children!

kaslkaos said...

Thanks for solving the mystery. I went out on the ice today, and stepped in a slush puddle and at -20 it did have me wondering--now I know.
Now that's a weird dream and very visual. I love dreams, even when they are not fun they are interesting. Thanks for sharing; neat to hear about them here.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin