Tuesday, May 26, 2009

WIP's and other notions


Darned, I was almost ready to fire off Coloured Pencil from Start to Finish--Finished when 95% got deleted. I was editing in Blogger with no back-up (won't do that again, ahem). So a Work In Progress (WIP) to keep things going.
This is a scene from Hollidge Tract, York Regional Forest. I've sketched it in on watercolour paper, and washed in some background with watercolour and Inktense Pencils. It's so tempting to stop here, but I'll be strengthening lines, textures and elements. It's fairly big, um, 14x17" approx (hand-cut paper and I'll measure it later), stretched and stapled to a board.
This is a scene that I've walked by countless times (an almost daily walk) and yet I only noticed it once. Luckilly, I had the camera with me and snapped a shot. Of course, the camera gave it all a fish-eyed view with inwardly warping trees and such, but it was a remarkably clean landscape (early leafless spring without underbrush). Already, burgeoning life have obscured the rocks that caught my eye (which when measured are less than knee high) and it once again all fades into the background.
Enough for now--I really hate computers, blogging, typing, and fiddling with html right now...grrrrr.

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

sucks about the bog post :/ (odd that blogger didn't save it as you went)

I really like how the leaves on the forest floor turned out. The colours and the textures remind me right away of walking through the forest :)

Michelle (artscapes) said...

The textures are beautiful...!
I have left my last WIP hanging.. It will have to wait until I get back!

kaslkaos said...

Jennifer, yep blogger saves-it autosaved the error & thanks.
Thanks Michelle, happy travelling and looking forward to your WIP progress.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin