Sunday, June 14, 2009

Linocut Work In Progress

Well here it is.  Actually, it’s done, but I’m still fighting with setting up my scanner.  I scanned this at the WIP stage as I became very afraid of screwing it up and wanted a record of it at this stage.  Also, there is something I very much like about the carving block in general.  It is softoleum, and is thick and soft and grey.  There is a sensuous pleasure in the feel of it, and the play of shadows across its carved surface.

staglinocut

Sorry it’s not much of a blog post, but I’m still ‘seriously distracted’ by the transition of technology.

Technorati Tags: ,

3 comments:

Cat-in-a-Box said...

I can't wait to see the prints of this one!!

Jennifer Rose said...

this looks good :D love the way the moon looks

kaslkaos said...

Cat in a box, you wish comes true. It's done.
Jennifer, thanks again. Moon is what I had in mind, but my first lino/watercolour turned it into the sun.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin