Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stag Linocut--Finished

090616staglino

Finally, here it is, finished.  The background is watercolour wet in wet wash, no salt this time.  The size is 5” x 7”, paper is stretched Strathmore bristol. 

As anyone on twitter knows, I’m still fighting to get my scanner running on my new laptop and am too stubborn to hook it back up to the old computer—I may have to, but not today.  So a photo will have to do.  The colours are unfortunately not what they should be, but I’m also still getting my feet wet with GIMP.  All this new tech is keeping me busy.

Technorati Tags: ,,

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Very cool, I always like how you do these. He looks very majestic and proud :D I never use a scanner anyway, always the camera, the scanner always seems to wash everything out and gives funny edges!

kaslkaos said...

Thanks, great to have you here. I can't tell you don't use a scanner; it looks good to me, but it's all in the comparison. Scanner show more subtle detail.

Jennifer Rose said...

very nice line work :D he does look very majestic as Chrissy said

kaslkaos said...

Thanks, I was thinking more of the mythical beast than the sweeties I see bounding through the woods.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

I love this!! Wow.... I have been missing out....

Cat-in-a-Box said...

I love it!! It has such a mystical feel - it feels celtic to me (old, druidic type of celtic).

kaslkaos said...

Thanks Michelle, glad you're back & feeling better I hope.
Cat-in-a-box, you've got it! That's exactly what I was reaching for, thanks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin