Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some News

0907041rocksaceo

Bon Echo Provincial Park, ACEO on watercolour paper, sand, acrylic gel medium, watercolour and coloured pencil. Available for sale at etsy.

First: Some artwork, which was an experiment that worked out.  Using gel medium and fine sand I made my own custom coloured and textured paper (I’ll do a tutorial soon if you’re interested (or even if you aren’t)).

Next: Whoo hoo, I got a mention on the ETSY Lounge Blog.  Alongside mine, there are some fantastic fine art ACEO’s showcased.  I’m absolutely thrilled to be included in such fine company.  This came just at a time when I was ready to give up on etsy (without outside promotion (something I’m not good at) images get too few views lately).

And Third, and Important: Update to Fire Post.  I got it wrong.  Just like in a newspaper, I put the update in an obscure place.  I said that the firefighters were the first responders, but the truth is that a street sweeper was the first responder.  By ‘street sweeper’, I don’t mean ‘man with broom’ but man driving a tanker truck equipped with hoses, water, and rotating brushes.  He saw smoke, followed up, and emptied his water tank onto the burning house and the neighbouring house until the firefighters came and took over.  The truth is a far better story than my garbled account.

Here’s the article from the local paper.  Street Sweeper Saves the Day

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

congrats on the mention! :D always nice when that happens

yes please to a tutorial about making that paper :D

really cool to read about the street sweeper doing that :D

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Congratulations - But you deserve it... Your work is beautiful. Your nature work dances...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin