Friday, April 30, 2010

More Spring Wildflowers-semi silent post

10043002troutlily1

Trout Lily, Erythronium albidum, York Regional Forest, Hollidge Tract. Look at the brown trout leaves. The leaves are as gorgeous as the flower, and in the real world, they have a 3-d luminosity, that you have to see for yourself.

10043001red_trillium1

Red Trillum, Trillium Erectum, York Regional Forest, Hollidge Tract (gosh, can I say this, one of my favourite latin flower names, never fails to get a rise out of me – yes, you can call me immature)

10043003spring_beauty1

Spring Beauty, Claytonia virginica, York Regional Forest, Hollidge Tract. These require an effort (well worth it) to see; they are so tiny but numerous. On a warm calm day, they fill the air with a delicate sweet scent.

PS. I've been busy with the gelatin printing and cutting new linocuts along with it. I will probably blog some later, but for now you can see them here:

Hand of the Artist, Primitive Thoughts, Bird of Paradise

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Lovely photos and great to think that you have such beautiful flowers growing wild. I don't think lillies grow wild here, I will have to go and check that one out...

kaslkaos said...

Thanks Chrissy. They are their for such a short time, it's worth showing them off. The trout lilies are tiny, only 1"-2" tall. To take the photo I was on my elbows, butt in the air. Husband liked that one quite a bit ;-)

Jennifer Rose said...

very pretty :) I don't think I've seen a wild red trillium, shame :/ *snickers at the latin name* :p

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin