Friday, June 11, 2010

Real Alchemy-Issue IV, Itty Bitty Books

atc-alchemy

How to discuss the latest Itty Bitty Book without major spoilers?

Present the artwork that didn’t make it into the book. I choose pieces from my collection that tell the story or enhance the theme, so some of my favourites remain undisclosed. Here are two that didn’t make it in. I’m still trying to decide on my next ‘larger’ work; something green, maybe one of these.

Below; the blurb from the back of the book, Issue IV, Real Alchemy.

Real Alchemy began with an exploration of the colour green. While in winter I feel free to extrapolate a million colours from the landscape, spring in summer serves up a single dominant colour; green. Everything's green, vibrant green; blaring, blatant, glowing. Green became a recurring them in my 365 Art Card project; a veritable obsession of greens.

With the colour still gnawing at my brain, I had no choice but to turn the colour green into the next Itty Bitty Book.

At the same time, I read a science article about how the chlorophyll was the architect of the most significant change for this planet, and how all life depends on it, if not directly, then indirectly (with some rare exceptions, look up deep sea vents for that).

It is that combination of science and art that became this book.

IMG_1443

IMG_1445

And PS. Thank you ‘anonymous donor’ for the wonderful block of Arches Cold-Pressed Paper. This is one of my favourites to use, great weight, colour and nubbly texture. Issue IV is coming to you soon.

This book is $3.00 postage included to all points on the planet, or an artists trade.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin