Saturday, August 21, 2010

more from the 365 Art Card Project

inwoods

A selection of 6 from my 365 Art Card Project:

So here is a selection that has been percolating for time.  The lower left makes me hanker to do a larger work, but it’ll have to wait for winter. I prefer to work on seasonal projects and it is high summer here, although there are signs that it is soon to pass. The baltimore orioles and hummingbirds gather at my feeders, a sure sign that their migration has begun, and the crickets have gone from none, to one, to nightly symphonies. Myself, I feel rushed, harried and hurried, as if there are a million and one things left to do and I’ve yet to begin any of them.

Which, of course, is why this post is very brief.

7 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

love the top right one :D reminds me a lot of stained glass

Chrissy said...

I see all the colour is coming back into your blog, from your art this time! :)

Laurel said...

This is a great way to gather ideas for larger works...so many good ideas! I like them all, especially the lower middle one.

Michelle (artscapes) said...

These are gorgeous! I agree with Jennifer Rose that one could be stained glass. Perhaps a medium you should try? I quite enjoyed it!

And yes... summer seems to be waning. I can hardly bear it! There is never enough time...

Missy Ricco said...

ooh I like the bottom right. But they are all nice and grouped together like this have an interesting effect.

kaslkaos said...

Wow, this is like a Rorschach test, with all your individual choices. Jennifer, Michelle, I thought so too, would make a great stained glass, but no, don't want to get into that... no sharp objects please.
Thanks Chrissy, probably time to let the images do their own talking.
Laurel, I call it my 'idea factory' but I also love them exactly as they are. Makes me wonder why most art is so gosh darned huge?
And see, Missy, you liked yet another image. That was a tree I saw when I took a new trail.
And, the FINGER update. Tape is off, it's attached, looks a little freakish, time will tell. AND, I can play (well, practice) guitar again, yay!

LivingInAurora.ca said...

These a very nice collection of your Art Card Project. Yes summer will be over soon, but then I am always ready for another season. But same like you, the list of things to do is not getting shorter, may be because I finish one, and add three more things at the same time. Hope all is well otherwise with you. We had nice break from heat last week, hope you enjoyed it. Anna :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin