Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Abstract Explorations

10090301abstract72

This year, I’ll be participating in the OCAD University's Whodunit! Mystery Art Sale. All art is 5.5 “x 7.5” in size, any medium, $75.00; the mystery part is that the buyer has no idea who did it and must choose not by name and reputation but by visual preference. Imagine that.

My two submissions are ready, but of course I won’t spoil the mystery. They did lead me to wish to explore more in the way of texture, painted background and successive layers of coloured pencil, not just light to dark, but light over dark using sand and acrylic gel to hold the pigment.

abstract-detail

& the obligatory close-up. The ochre is the ground colour, painted in gouache.

phonedoodle

Here is the phone doodle seed of the works I’ll be submitting. I’ll be exploring the theme more, and after the sale, will post them.

Holidays are over, but it may take me until next Saturday for me to get the library’s wifi connection—see you then.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Haha imagine that indeed ~ people choosing thing because they like them! ;-) I have enjoyed catching up with your holiday images, lovely indeed. Mind I don't recommend that you try and catch up with mine while you are on dial up ~ likely to lock your machine for hours, lol ~ see you soon X

kaslkaos said...

Thanks for understanding. I'll be on cable soon (fingers crossed). Just got to your holiday pics today. They are great! From one coast to another.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin