Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hors D'oeuvres will be served…

09102901rivers_edge

Gargantua River, Lake Superior Provincial Park. Mixed media: coloured pencil, watercolour, acrylic and fine sand. 15”x15”, 23”x23” matted and framed.

Hors d'oeuvres will be served, and what better excuse can you find to get yourself out to a gallery to view some art. (Gosh, I had to look up the spelling for that one. Even the invite didn’t get it right and don’t ask me to pronounce it as I’m not normally part of the wine and cheese set.) 

I am pleased to announce that Gargantua River, Lake Superior Provincial Park is selected to appear in the juried art show, Where They Are Now, OCADU Alumni Association, “Opening reception will be Friday November 12th from 6:00pm - 9:00pm with complementary wine and o'horderves. All are welcome.” Art Square Gallery Cafe, 334 Dundas Street West, Toronto.

I’ll be there, probably showing up hungry as the proverbial starving artist; you can too.

And here’s the original blog post when I had just completed the artwork.

4 comments:

Michelle (artscapes) said...

Congratulations! It is a neat piece - a little haunting!

Jennifer Rose said...

congrats!! :D

Laurel said...

Congratulations!! I'm not surprised, that is such an amazing piece! Looking at art while drinking wine and eating, what my in-laws would call horses doovers, is one of the best things to do in life!

kaslkaos said...

Thanks so much for the congrats, all!
And hopefully 'horses doovers' won't come to mind and make me laugh at exactly the wrong moment.
I think my husband calls them ordervees.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin