Thursday, March 3, 2011

More from the 365 Art Card Project

11022401cat_ukelele
It’s probably time to rename it, I’m probably well past 365 or the one year mark, especially if I count those that I burn, erase, or flip and use the other side (yes, I do all of those things). In fact, I had a lovely burning ceremony this very morning (it was clean-up morning) and the flames were a lovely thing.
My art cards keep coming, sometimes in mounds, often in series, although some series are spaced out over months/ years? Due to certain changes in family circumstances, both guitars and black cats crop up again and again, while the forest art fades in the background. While I still spend as much time as ever in the woods (it’s my version of gym or fitness centre), my head doesn’t get there very often. I’m overwhelmed by people matters, and people things and I’m not a people person. So I still feel like I’m floating in unknown waters without a horizon in sight.  And while it’s not a terrible place to be, it’s not yet  become part of my comfort zone. So, as usual, I don’t have too much to say.
Here’s the rest of the cats and guitars.  I’ve been sorting the art cards. They are all 3.5x2.5 inches, often on recycled art. They all scale up, and if I could only bring myself to make the decision, I decide on a few.
The one above, btw, would be my guitalele (1/4 size guitar). I’ve never actually played it for my mom-in-law, but I love the little thing (named Edwin) as it has remarkable twang and is ideal for playing renaissance tunes. I purchased it for travelling, and it’s been to Lake Superior, Killarney Provincial Park, and Magnetawan River. It’s slept in gear hamper of the tent, and on the dashboard of our van.
11030300cats
And now I’m off to pack up my guitar (the full-sized one, named Edward) and visit with the mom-in-law, the black cat and play some more tunes.

6 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

if it wasn't for the possibility of fumes from the materials used, you could have roasted marshmallows on the burning art :p
do the names you give your guitars have any special meaning?

kaslkaos said...

Jennifer, I wish I'd taken a picture, oh well. You could probably get into a gallery doing video's of burning art. It's the sort of thing they go for.
Um, let's see, my guitar went into the closet 30yrs ago as Emily, and emerged as Edward. These things happen nowadays. Actually, Edward is just the perfect cliche of the vampire name and given that he sleeps in a velvet lined box and comes out mostly at night, it seemed apt. Edwin is his little brother, also a medieval name and suits the sound of the instrument.
You asked...

Jennifer Rose said...

lol yeah i did ask, the names do makes sense tho

Michelle (artscapes) said...

LOL! You guys are too funny...

Sounds to me like you are managing beautifully. As long as you can get to the woods, eh?

Has it been a year??

kaslkaos said...

A year, erm... honestly I don't know. When I started the 365 art card project the whole idea was to be completely informal, with absolutely no pressure, so I deliberately did not count the cards, or note the date. I sort them by theme & style not date, so that doesn't help either. I guess I COULD search the blog. Ho hum...

Laurel said...

Love your cats and guitars!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin