Thursday, July 28, 2011

Works in Progress & Google+

11072803leaves
I finally cooked up new gelatin plates last night. In a hurry, I turned the stove on High, and in the blink of an eye, the whole mess boiled over. It’s an ancient stove, the electric kind with heavy iron burner, open top and plenty of room for disaster. I had to dismantle all the parts, just like my Mom used to do, and scrub and wash the elements, and the iron bowl things (have no clue what you call the parts) and reach underneath and attempt to remove all the gelatin that had oozed under the elements. Yuck.
All’s well that ends well. I’ve pulled a whole bunch of leaf prints. I’m meaning to turn them into 4x6 artworks, but now I’m not sure if I’ll have the heart to do the slice and dice on some of them. We’ll see.
11072801leaves
And below the new linocuts I intend to use on the gelatin prints, and some frottage WIP’s on mulberry paper.
IMG_2873(1)
And now to google+ , it’s lonely out there!  I’ve always been annoyed with twitter and facebook in that every post is all or nothing. With google+ you can (secretly) put people into different categories, such as friends, family, people I know but rather didn’t, people I party with, grandmothers and other nannies, etc.. It solves a lot of socially awkward moments I’m sure.  So I’m hoping folks will move on over soonish. So far, I only have one friend in the friend category (thanks Jennifer!), and a small heap of people I don’t know but would like to in the “artists” category. I’m posting my WIP’s there, and you can view them here: 2011 Works In Progress
That’s a Picassa album, so you can just wander over and view them anytime (nothing to do with google+). I’ll try to add more as time goes by. If you click on the little RSS button in the album, you will see WIP as it goes up.
If you do want to try out google+ and need an invite, just send me an email. I would love some company.

7 comments:

Quiltbug said...

Google Plus says that even with an invite, they are over capacity and not taking anyone. It sounds intersting. I'm on Facebook but mainly to keep in touch with family. Someone has to keep an eye on the grandchildren so I try to do it.

kaslkaos said...

Really??? Now I really do feel special... and, um, does that mean if google+ takes off, you'll end up in that 'grandmothers and other nannies' circle? That really would spoil all your fun, wouldn't it.
On facebook, I have a nephew who just added me. I can't wait for him to post his latest party pics, heh,heh, heh...

Jennifer Rose said...

i actually like google+ a lot, the circles idea is great :)

ooh i could cut those leaves. it looks so nice together like that :D

Michelle Basic Hendry said...

I like the circles idea. Waiting for it all to open up again! Nice to see I am not the only one that has 'stove issues'... LOL!

LivingInAurora.ca said...

I just found out about Google + today. I am just overwhelmed with all the social networks. I have Google +, but am I willing to start again. I think I am getting tired, lol....
Glad to see you back and hope all is well. Anna :)

kaslkaos said...

I agree, Anna. It's getting crazy. I want a one-size fits all social network, and hoping g+ gets us one. If not, oh well,... and you are whom on g+?

Chrissy said...

Lovely to see all these wonderful prints again :-) I haven't tried Google+ as yet because I am barely keeping up with everything anyway! As normal haha ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin