Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nature’s Creations, Art Show in the Forest

Saturday September 24th, from 10am to 2pm, Hollidge Tract, York Regional Forest, HWY 48 and Cherry Street.
ingrid-at-show
There will be artists and artisans, from beekeepers (with live bees!) to painters to printmakers (that would be me). I will be doing a printmaking demo this year, from design to printing, I’ll have my linoleum, carving tools, pencils, brayer, ink and paper along so that I can show you how it’s done. Sometimes I feel printmaking is a lost art, as most people confuse printmaking with pushing a button and making a copy of something. It doesn’t help that giclee reproductions are marketed as ‘fine art prints’, leaving no way to distinguish with words alone the difference between an ink-jet printed reproduction and a hand-pressed original work of art.  So I thought it best put my apron on, get my hands dirty, and show you what it’s all about. I will carve, squeeze, roll, press and do my print-making thing right up in front of everybody.  For the in between times, I will have Edwin the guitalele in hand, and pluck some tunes to pass the time.
tools-softoleum72
For letterboxers, there are a few of mine to be found very nearby---shhhhh…it’s a secret.
For horse lovers, there will be free horse-drawn wagon rides through the woods all day long.
horse-drawn-wagon
For shoppers, you can peruse anything from fine art to hand-printed t-shirts, pickles to honey, garden sculpture to horticulture. If you are in the mood to buy, there will be art and wares starting in the under $20 gift category and up for yourself and those you love.
IMG_1795
For everybody, what a wonderful opportunity to view art in a natural setting while enjoying a fine September afternoon in a gorgeous woodland setting, including guided nature hikes during the day.
PS. My watercolour landscapes and mixed-media forest art will also be available for show and sale.

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

I wish I could go :) it looks like such a great show :)


don't cut yourself again! won't be able to play :/

Chrissy said...

Have a great time. I am with Jen, I wish I could be there too :D

Jenny B. said...

I am going to join the chorus here: I wish I could be there! But from North Carolina it's a bit of a haul... It would be fascinating to see the process behind your creations.

Michelle Basic Hendry said...

I might. But with the big move on the horizon I can't say for sure. Looks like a great event! So we'll see! Do a reminder on FB for me... :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin