Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cellular Life

It's a busy time, and I'm still scrambling to get more art done, Year of the Dragon print exchange included (8 on the go of those), so this is a quickie post, let the image speak for itself as I intend to explore many iterations on this theme, and have numerous little foam 'bacteria' stamps ready to go (inventing bacteria is DARNED addictive); lucky you that I'm an artist not a scientist, because I'm having WAY too much fun to stop doing it. Well, 99% are good or neutral (and I just made that number up, remember, I'm an artist, not a scientist) but let's celebrate the small things that keep us going. Yogurt anyone? Or cheese? Beer?  I can't think of any other bacterial delights right now--maybe because it's usually the bacteria doing the consuming...hmmm

PS. If you don't already know, this monoprint was done using an incredibly aged and pitted gelatin plate, and meat tray polystyrene foam.

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

that is so cool!! i could tell right away it was bacteria :) love cheese and yogurt,..but it doesn't like me :/ can't stand the smell of beer, probably from having kegs blow up on me at the bar :/

Chrissy said...

& is beautiful as ever. Merry Christmas to you and yours, thank you for the card that arrived yesterday ...:D I love your work...the reality makes me smile so much, so talented and as Andy said..."that is special" XXX

Michelle Basic Hendry said...

I don't know how I missed this one... It is gorgeous!! So primal!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin