Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Two of the Three R’s—Gelatin Leaf Prints

11112004gelatin-leaf-print721112006gelatin-leaf-print72
Recycle and Reuse
Two ATC Gelatin Leaf Prints overlaid with black and silver technical pen drawings. Some gelatin prints need finishing, and these where from my September batch of leaf prints on card stock.  I have a stack that I really love, but they just don’t seem complete, so I am selecting a few for further renditions into ATC format. I have a clear plastic template that I slide over the A4 print until I find a composition I like, pencil in the outline and repeat the hunt until there are no more good pieces left. (seems like 5 ATC’s per page is the average), then I put the results into my pile of blank ATC’s, where they can be finished with inks and pencils.  With exceptions, they turned out better than I expected, and I think I will make ‘rendering’ select unfinished gelatine prints a habit.  Sometimes ‘recycling’ uncovers new avenues.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow! I love the shapes and the colours! I hope the Latcham Gallery decides to have a trading card event again!!

kaslkaos said...

Are they EVER going to do an ATC event again. I was really like those, just to get to meet other artists. I actually have my collection from other trades in a binder so that I can bring it along, and ADD to it. But now, no events. :-(
Is there a way we can get them to decide???

Laurel said...

I don't know why they stopped. I really loved them. They weren't very well advertised though. Next time I'm there I'll ask.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

love the colours :D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin