Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sculpture Walk Magnetawan Provincial Park

sculpture-walk72
Sorry about the misnomer in the title, but well, in winter, ski’s are better than boots for getting around, and ‘sculpture ski’ just wouldn’t sound quite the same.  I spent the weekend with my friends (the infamous friends ‘who live in the woods’) but the art museum was all around us, as we took advantage of snow covered lake (and bog) ice.
ravens-playground
The ravens had their own ideas of creative self-expression. The marks on the snow are the result of a raven ‘conference’ or gathering, or play session. We really don’t know what goes on behind their black feathered heads, we can only see the results of their meet.
ravens-playground-2
We also found numerous wolf-tracks, but I didn’t photograph those because they basically look like big dog tracks.
hoarfrost72
And looking down and very close, in a gap in the stones by the river, the most delicate of sculptures, hoarfrost.

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful :D Hoar frost is amazing, and one of the best sculptors of all!

kaslkaos said...

It's rare hear, and more rare that I get a halfway decent photograph of it (I have reams of attempts).
BTW: is this the url to your regular blog? http://chrissymariesart.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/spring-is-on-its-way/
I navigate with google reader, and I need to add you in.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

i love finding bird foot prints in the snow, for some reason it makes me smile :D

kaslkaos said...

Because it always looks like they are having fun.

Michelle Basic Hendry said...

I love your ice pictures this year.... Don't you wonder what the ravens talk about?

kaslkaos said...

Thanks, and yes I do. But I'll bet it's things like, Hey, over here, juicy fresh roadkill, YUM!!! I once heard them argue about where to sleep, (they were calling from all 4 directions, but finally gathered and followed the raven that used a rock-face to amplify his voice)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin