Friday, June 29, 2012

Heart

12062801pencil-heart72
Coloured Pencil, ATC 2.5”x3.5”
Lately, I’ve been feeling tongue-tied. And what I wanted to say, I need to think about some more. So in the interim, some art. It ought to be worth a thousand words.  This one is going to my friend, mentor, fabulous print-maker, and everyday hero in Nebraska. It took me hours (literally) to complete this tiny piece, and to send it into her waiting hands is worth every second of effort.
She has a big heart. She is an educated and highly accomplished artist who spends most of her waking days as a building superintendent for four apartments, but she never looses her spirit, and reserves a good deal of thought and energy for others. She is the one that sent me a surprise box of rainbow coloured printing ink, which changed the direction of my art (especially printmaking) in a most significant way. More surprises and inspirations where to follow.  So as I worked into the minute corners of this piece, and added yet another uncounted layer of colour and burnish, it was all for her.
The greatest gift of all, of course, is knowing this will arrive into welcoming hands, which leaves me still and forever in her debt.

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

this is a wonderul gift :D so colourful!

Michelle Basic Hendry said...

Beautiful!
What a wonderful gift....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin