Thursday, July 19, 2012

Flower Power

black-eyed-susan72
Black-Eyed Susan, rudbeckia hirta, found in Uxbridge forest. The red and green bug is a candy striped leaf hopper (graphocephala coccinea).
wild-rose72
Feral rose, Musselman’s Lake, they grow by the roadside, thank goodness some folks are lazy about their property maintenance or all would be mown down.  These roses smell as gorgeous as they look. Rosa Rugosa, possibly. I’m not expert in rose identification. These are actually listed as invasive, but I’ve seen no such thing. They seem to pop up here and there, without crowding out other species.
clematis72
A little closer to home, my clematis, that after five years of dormancy finally chose climb up into the light and show off to the neighbourhood.

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

I love clematis, so many different types and colours :D

Chrissy said...

Haha, I love it when you finally get something to flower that just hasn't. Fabulous bug too....I like Hoppers. I get more and more fascinated watching insects...easily amused ;)

kaslkaos said...

Thanks Jennifer, me too. The blue one's a fave, and turns into a pale lemon explosion.
Chrissy, 'bugs' as you put it are fascinating and wonderful. It just means you walk about with eyes wide open.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin