Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

a-merry-christmas-tree

Merry Christmas or whatever else you want to call this winter celebration. I’m not picky as long as the greetings are sincere and joyous and generous.  It’s a bit late, because this year, my husband gave me the “gift that keeps on giving”, as in now we can both bark and snuffle in unison. I have the flu, and the worst of it was yesterday, Christmas Day.

In our our house, we celebrate Christmas Eve, with a festive but easy meal (as in frozen Chinese pot stickers heated in the oven). The only plum sauce sold is an over-sized jug and I knew I’d end up throwing most of it away, so I instead, I made my own.

1 green apple, wine vinegar, soy sauce, a large dash of ginger powder, a small dash of allspice and cardamom, a spoon of honey, boil all in the microwave until the apple turns to a thick sauce.  I was surprised at how easy and delicious this was, and also how much like the oriental plum sauce it tasted.

Then we open gifts, one at a time, with a warm fire in the hearth, and candles and traditional Christmas music.

Normally, I would also look forward to skiing my socks off on Christmas day, but (sniffle), no such luck this year.

I did get to ski my socks off on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th, because we got blessed with a decent dumping of snow this year.

Well, I would add a winter picture now, except, I’m getting tired again (flu) so maybe this will have to do.

Enjoy your life, and help others enjoy life, to the best of your ability.

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

happy holiday!! very pretty tree :D
get better soon!!

kaslkaos said...

Thanks, and I am feeling better. My husband decorates the tree. The ornaments have been collected for many years (some older than I am).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin