Friday, June 28, 2013

Figure Drawing Friday

13062801female-nude-drawing72a
Female Nude Figure Drawing
Another one ‘from the book’.  It actually started out on a 9x12 support, and, as I always find the greatest challenge is to place the entire figure on the page, I did exactly that, but in the end, I was not happy with the results. The legs transcribed from photo to drawing remained obstinately angular, and I was not happy with the whole.  A precut 8x10 mat fixed that, amazing what cropping and framing can do.  I suppose I should be more willing to edit what I draw, but for me, a figure drawing is a learning process first and foremost. The finished art work a bi-product.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

i can never get the whole figure on the paper, so have pretty much stopped trying :p

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin