Saturday, November 2, 2013

Are We There Yet? Gelatin Printmaking

13102902sunny-garden72
Gelatin Monoprint using natural found objects, leaves and grass, 8.5x11"inches
13102901garden-art72
Gelatin Monoprint using natural found objects, leaves and grass, 8.5x11"inches
Sometimes when I’m working with gelatin, I’m just not sure when done is done.  I’ve wrecked more than a few by adding in the one extra fatal layer. Sometimes this happens because the image was incomplete, truly needed a new element, a focal point, colour, etc… and I made a mistake on the final step. But there are times, when I add an element just because I’m afraid it won’t ‘read’ well as thumbnail on the internet, or requires a ‘keyword friendly element’ (ie. cat, raven, mermaid) to be found on Etsy. 
This time, I’m resisting the urge. If they are unfinished, if they need little birds or kittens, or even abstract pen scribbles, these things can always be added at a later date.  Maybe I’ll wake up one day, find them boring and draw on top of them, but today, I declare them done, finished, complete.
Available, on Etsy in the Nature and Outdoors Section

1 comment:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

knowing when the gelli print is done is something i struggle with. out of maybe 2 dozen prints, one might be good. i just cut up the others and use them for something else tho

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin