Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Who Reads Blogs Anymore

IMG_7865
A friend of mine, who adamantly does not read blogs, as in, regardless of content or authorship, if it’s packaged in a blog, he will not read it; asked me if I edit my blog posts. It had me thinking of how I put less and less work into my blog as time goes by, for lack of feedback, interest, or any awareness that anyone out there is actually listening.
IMG_7867
Here is my answer to him (sent in the acceptable format of email, of course)
First answer: no one reads my blogs before I put them online, not even me if I'm in a hurry.  The same could be true afterwards.  Blogging is
much like talking to one's self.  It may begin with coherence, but
after a time, without feed back and conversation, it descends into
mumbling.  The people have moved on to twitter and facebook where they
are not ever burdened by sentence's or statements of more than 130
characters.
For myself, now that I have a wifi router in my home, I am now
searching out lengthy articles to read, as I now can read from the
comfort of my bed or a chair by the fire.
Those of you who know me here, I have the following blogs among others in my newsreader (feedly).  These three are in my ‘must read’ category.
http://artscapes.ca/blog-home/  Michelle Basic Hendry paints and writes. When she writes, she really makes it count. Unlike me, she obviously takes a great deal of time and thought to consider her words and craft her writing.
http://fuzzydragons.blogspot.ca/ Jennifer Rose Phillip blogs often, keeping things going with her adventures in art and life. When I read her blog, I feel like I’m sitting and having a chat with a friend and colleague, thanks for being such very good company.
http://chrissymaries.blogspot.ca/  Chrissy Stone. Since I’ve began blogging, I’ve watched her grow by leaps and bounds artistically. She spends more time on Facebook now, but, YAY! she’s back on the blog. I look forward to curling up in the easy chair with her next post.
Hi Chrissy, Michelle, and Jennifer.  We three bloggers; I’ve been reading you from the start, perhaps we’ve all watched one another grow artistically through the years…and mentally too. We’ve been through ‘things’, and blogged about those experiences directly, or indirectly, through commission or omission. Sometimes what we leave out speaks volumes. Thank you for sharing your voices with me. I hope there will always be more.
For me, watched or not, read or not, I will try to get back to journaling just a little more often. It feels right, and pairs nicely with my re-kindled interest in my 365 Art Card Project.
IMG_7868
There are so many times when a camera cannot begin to capture the moment, and only art will do. Walking at night, with my husband, our dog, all three bathed in the light of a brilliant moon, from above, and below where its beams reflected off the snow, was one of them.
I created this miniature work of art using oil pastels and coloured pencil. It is a detailed, multilayered unique work of art, one of a kind. My miniature works of art are often moments in time, captured on a micro scale.

  Artist Trading Card, Oil Pastel, more info at Etsy

3 comments:

Michelle Basic Hendry said...

Wow! Thank you for the kind words! I have been slack in commenting. I must remedy that, because this blog and the two you listed - Jennifer Rose's and Chrissy's are the only ones I read with any consistency. And I agree with everything you said.

This blog has always been a source of poetic work. It always leaves me in awe how imaginative and dynamic your work always is. You have a magical view of Nature.

You have also reminded me that I need to get back to it. Merry Christmas, in case I don't 'see' you before!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thanks for the mention :)

we have all watched each other grow in all kinds of ways, and I too hope there will always be more from everyone :)

I think the only way I wouldn't blog is if I didnt have a net connection, its a great for me to remember things :p and reading them is a great way to meet new people, learn new things :)

kaslkaos said...

You are welcome, both of you, Michelle and Jennifer. I love reading your blogs, and getting to know you through them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin