Saturday, March 29, 2014

IOWA University Print Exchange—Posted, Finished, On it’s Way!

IMG_8437
Excuse my enthusiasm, but, yep, I’ve been busy, and I lurve these, really.
IMG_8440
And available on Etsy, printed on demand onto 9x12 Stonehenge paper:
Three linocuts, sun, growing sprig, and underground bulb, come together to celebrate the transformation that comes with spring, the vernal equinox, when the sun heats up our planet and warms the earth. In darkness underground, the sun's energy is transformed to heat. Warmth spurs growth, and last years solar rays feed the growth below, until green shoots spring forth, and taste the sun directly, spiral upwards in glorious green growth and sun soaked blossoms. Vernal transformations on a yearly bases. Spring excites us all.
This is a multilayered print (called 'overprinting' in the world of fine art printmaking) using hand-carved linocuts, designed, drawn, carved and printed by the artist (that is me).
IMG_8442

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

really like the curved lines here, full of movement :)

hmm maybe i should try printing with more then one block instead of doing suicide prints if I want multiple colours

kaslkaos said...

Thanks, I just can't bring myself to do a suicide print/my registries suck, so this was a very clever way to sidestep THAT technicality, don't you think?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin