Sunday, April 20, 2014

Ocean Horse, the 3rd Horse, 8x8 show

140409Ocean-Horse1b
Here is Ocean, 8x8inch acrylic on hardboard. This one has the most rugged texture. It was actually a ‘rescued’ hardboard that started as a relief sculpture in paper mache. It was an ocean themed sculpture, full of peaks and swirls and waveforms. Unfortunately, whatever my concept was, it turned into failed art, and I violently (with tools) ripped all the paper mache off. I LOVE texture, so all the clinging bits where sealed with primer and painted over with sand inbedded gesso.  All those ocean thoughts must leached all the way through, because here is Ocean; it seemed inevitable.  It reminds me most of the Bay of Fundy, with all it’s silty tidal waters.
140409Ocean-Horse1a

4 comments:

Michelle Basic Hendry said...

That is really full of energy! Enjoying the acrylics?

kaslkaos said...

Yes, like a cat discovering a sand-box, I can cover up my mistakes... ;-)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

o.0 I love this, I really do. the colours and movement are wonderful

kaslkaos said...

thanks Jennifer!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin