Thursday, August 28, 2014

How to Make Your Own Origami Bookmark: Part I

20140828_133015 

I just learned how to make the ultimate origami bookmark. I am forever losing bookmarks so I don't want to invest a huge amount of time into a single one. Mostly, I've been using paperclips, which stick tight but can mark a pristine page.  I've tried origami bookmarks before but can't remember if it was this design or another, but my latest trials say this one sticks really tight even if you hold the book upside down, and since there is always more to be made, losing one is not the end of the world.
Here's how it's done in photo steps and my own crabby hand-writing (which leaves those of you who can't read it out in the cold...oops, sorry...sort of, do I need to provide a translation?)

20140828_133132
20140828_133239
20140828_133317
20140828_133452
You’re on your way, just a few more steps to go, in my next post.

PS. If you find anything confusing, use the comments, and I will try to edit my post accordingly.

PPS. My bloggy friends, so it's a brief interruption from the finer arts. I've always been fascinated by origami, but basically lack any kind of genius for it. Lately, I've been using it as an excuse to indulge in some purely abstract digital designs and artworks. Still not sure where that is going, but I meant to use the summer for explorations, and I guess this is part of one branch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin