Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Life Drawing Tuesday

14100907seated-female-nude-life-drawing72a
Available on Etsy
9x12 on Stonehenge Paper. I love Stonehenge, and this colour (I forget the colour name). This time my silver prisma-color pencil called my name.  I love the silver on this, and it changes with the light, which is fun. It began as a light sketch in silver, and then I put in the heavy lines, because that’s the fun part, I love inscribing the paper with heavilly applied silvery wax pencil. It is a sensual experience all on it’s own.  Then I use a black ink brush pen to bring out the silver; without  the black, the silver is too vague, and almost invisible in some light as a distance. The scanner picked it up perfectly.
With this drawing, I am glad I did not fuss too much about proportion. While I worked on it, I knew that things were ‘off’, but there is so much more expression there, than if I had worked at accuracy. 
Here’s a few more life drawings from the same night.
14100903figure-drawing-coloured-pencil
A4 Paper, coloured pencil, Life Drawing, Figure Drawing, Female Nude
14100904life-drawing-watercolor
A4 Paper, Inktense Water-soluble Pencil, Life Drawing, Figure Drawing, Female Nude
14100904portrait-sketch-coloured-pencil
A quick portrait in coloured pencil
14100906female-seated-nude
She is such an awesome model, I love drawing her. Her poses are always expressive and inspiring.

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

very nice :D the black and silver is a great combo, the shine adds a lot of life to the already expressive drawing :)

Michelle B. Hendry said...

Life drawing is scary. You have such a consistent style that it comes out even here through your playful use of media. I don't have an expectation of perfect proportion to enjoy these. On the other hand, if I was in your class drawing this, there would be plenty of gnashing of teeth and ripped up paper.

kaslkaos said...

Thanks Jennifer. I love the silver pencil (gold, not so much)
Michelle, yep it is. But I always remind myself, it's all practice.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin