Saturday, January 24, 2015

Dear Blog, and readers

Dear neglected blog, it has been a long time, hasn't it. I have not been faithful, I have been flirting with instagram, Instagram is flashy, trendy and fast and requires so little on my behalf. Snap a pic, pepper the post with appropriate hashtags, instant gratification.
Blogs require time and thought and words and sentences and paragraphs that flow together and begin and end rounded out with sumptious middles. I'm not sure if my performance is up to those standards. I get anxious, and then my thoughts dwindle to impotent trite fragments. And so, dear blog, it has been many months apart, many months without any kind of contact, intimate or otherwise, and a blog, is nothing if not intimate. A webspace of infinite space for words that tumble and flow, clash and bang, meander and hurry through the passages of our lives revealing so much to those who can read between the lines.
Whew, that was fun. I miss my words. Thanks, Michelle, for asking. Yes, I'm fine. I have been busy, all good things (see instagram), but the blog has ended up last on the list of things to do. Somewhere along the line, I turned it into a chore, as if it needed a useful purpose, and if failed to fulfill, then it would be last on the list of things to do. I will rethink that. And get back to blogging (so I say) as a creative space that has no purpose beyond itself, with or without readers, it exists, a diary, a journal, a place to share thoughts small and large, trite and (I can hope) profound. Well, no, not the last, 'profound' triggers that performance anxiety, just writing it causes brain shrinkage. But I will leave it and dare myself to be brave, next time, or maybe later.



posted from Bloggeroid

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

Your alive!! well I knew you were alive from your posting on Instagram lol :)

don't feel pressured to write anything in your blog, hell most of the time mine is full of gibberish :p Just write what ever you want when you feel like it. but if you stop posting on instagram, I will start to worry if you are OK ;)

Michelle B. Hendry said...

I love the way you write and add the backstory to your art. Welcome back!

kaslkaos said...

Yes. Alive!Yep, my activity on insta is proof of that, thanks Jennifer, and no it's not gibberish, I love your lively style!
Michelle, thanks. I miss my words. I'm about to bomb you all in the next week with new posts.
Will still play on insta.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin