Thursday, June 25, 2015

Adventures in Acrylic Paint

15052801abstract-acrylic72a
Acrylic Paint on 9x12 paper. (click on pics to go to etsy to super macro close-ups)
I’ve given acrylics yet another try. This time, having FUN! Yes, FUN!  Last year, I was picking away with tiny brushes, trying to give my small format artworks the same level of detail and line as my coloured pencil work. Some of it worked, but it killed my desire.
This time, I just put my paper on my desk, paint on tray, and GO! FUN! Of course I got bogged down with my own insecurities which slowed things down, but in between those moments of hesitation, things where spontaneous and surprising. 
I now have a section on my Etsy store, for Abstract Paintings (title subject to change).
15052802abstract-acrylic72a
Acrylic Paint on 9x12 paper. (click on pics to go to etsy to super macro close-ups)
I have about 20 finished items, lots more to blog about (though I don’t promise to get around to it), but I thought I would at least start with the first two. All of them are abstract, really truly purely abstract. Not a deliberate decision, just what happened when I put brush to paint to paper.
My blogging has been slow of late but I’m pretty noisy on instagram with works in progress and cat pics, so you can join me there if you like: kaslkaos on instagram, and I’ve been plugging away at keeping my Etsy shop up to date.
If my mood keeps up, I’ll have more here soon. (and Michelle, yes, I have done the challenge, just need to blog it now)

3 comments:

Rolina said...

These are lovely, I especially like the top one - I am glad you are having fun with acrylics now!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

you can tell you had fun with these :D

and I am really looking forward to see what you and Michelle create :)

Michelle B. Hendry said...

These are great! So full of energy...
I'm just about there with our little project. Hope to post next week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin