Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Life Drawing Tuesday


It's that time of year again. Figure drawing with a live model. Last season, I posted nothing at all, feeling disastified with my art, but mostly I was letting my ego get in the way. Life drawing is rough, and in the mediums I chose, there are no do-overs.
And here I go again, this time it's oil pastel and black sharpie.



So I looked over, and thought over, last years life drawings, and decided to jot down a few goals for the new session, being to ease up, worry less about the end result, and be as detailed, loose, sketchy, messy, neat, expressionist, art deco, monochrome or high coloum, just let go.
And I think I like it.
posted from Bloggeroid

5 comments:

Quiltbug said...

That is good advice for all of us no matter what our art form is. I agonize over my quilting and that stops my creative self.

kaslkaos said...

Hi Quiltbug (always great to hear you chiming in), now go forth and create.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

I really like these :) great sense of movement in them

no life drawing at uni for us :/

kaslkaos said...

Why no life drawing? Was it cancelled, or do they just don't offer it?

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

Graphics doesn't get any it seems :/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin