Thursday, October 8, 2015

Sketchbook Adventures


Sometimes, okay, many times, sitting at my desk, I stare at the blank space and feel like my brain is bricked. There is just nothing at all happening up there.  So I try to come up with some tools to a least get something down on the page. Anything.
This mornings exercise was to pick a random word (I actually have a random word generator app on my android), and todays word was 'opposite' except I forgot how to spell. But that sparked some fun happenings, and got me going.
Some of my sketches get turned into more finished works of art.



I'm still working on making Simba and Batman a new linocut print. This is a frottage (crayon rubbing) in lieu of a test print of my linocut. It's ready to get inked for a proof, but I love the frottage version so much I'm seriously considering turning it into finished artwork. The only problem is, what paper? It has to be thin, to reveal the line, but I would want something more arty than computer paper.


And in the meantime, I turned Simba and Batman into a finished digital artwork available as a download on Etsy.

posted from Bloggeroid

5 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

great cat art :) sometimes little accidents like spelling mistakes lead to more things :)get a giggle from people anyway :)

kaslkaos said...

Heh heh, laughter is always good--even at my expenz.

Michelle B. Hendry said...

I love the linocut. The colour reminds me of those smelly purple ditto copies we used to get in school!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

oh I didn't mean it like that! wasn't laughing at you, more like a knowing laugh of having done it many times myself :)

kaslkaos said...

Thanks Michelle, I remember those, mmmmmm.... I used to love that smell, weird, huh?
Jennifer, of course I knew exactly how you meant it. I loved turning a genuine oops into an bit of art. Fun for me and you (and anyone else who cant spellz reel gud)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin