Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Life Drawing Tuesday

figure-drawing-gesture-male
It was just downright awful.  Have no clue why, but I could not for the life of me get a good drawing. This quick gesture is the best of the lot. The longer poses resulted in art that is just too embarrassing to post, gack.
I’m almost afraid to go back, which is silly, I mean, pencils don’t bite, so there’s nothing to fear, right?
Below from a previous session, some of a number of gestures, a great night.
figure-drawing-gesture-female
Is there an ‘on’ switch?  Is it the model? I do find men harder to draw, but that sounds like a poor excuse. Is it me? Of course it’s me. That’s the difficulty of art, it’s always me, with no one to blame but, yep, me, myself, and I, when things don’t go right.
Ah well, back to the drawing board, for better or worse.

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

please don't give up! man can def be harder to draw, all blocky and straight lines and not flowing lines like a women can have. its a nice challenge but can be frustrating sometimes

Michelle B. Hendry said...

I can't say I've attempted a full figure drawing since college. That said, I've been drawing faces and a certain angle or tilt to the head can be so difficult. I can't imagine the frustration a full figure drawing must bring! Will find out soon, I expect! I assure you I will be hiding my disasters away... LOL!!

kaslkaos said...

Jennifer, methinks I was being overly dramatic. Yes, guys are different, who knew? So I guess you find it the same?
Michelle, oooh, is that a hint, are you going to try figure drawing?

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

I prefer drawing women just cause its easier :p, but wish there were more male models to draw. There are hardly any around here, it was a little annoying at college since we only had female models to draw

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin