Friday, February 5, 2016

Notes from the Sketchbook

I probably listen to too many science podcasts, as I have all these words jumbled in my head, and they will come out.
I'm still finishing up my 'stone paper' sketchbook. It is full, but I go back and layer over things, and there are still a few pages that could use more explorations. Sometimes the finish is simple, though. This one only got a few bright spots of colour and done. Sometimes less is more.

Another easy finish. A few good words in permanent marker, some rainbow oil pastels, done. This is also the closing page of my sketchbook, which is a bit like a teaser for more to follow.


2 comments:

Quiltbug said...

I had a vision of some interesting ideas when an escalator at Markville was being replaced and was out of service for a couple of months. There was sign that said "Alternate Vertical Transportation" was available.

I kept thinking of all the ways we could travel vertically but my idea did not make it onto paper or fabric. The phrase is stuck in my mind and your art work brought it to the surface again.

Sonic looks like a great pet. What agency did you get him through?

Have a great day

Audrey

kaslkaos said...

Oooh, alternate vertical transportation, may I steal?
I sometimes jot down words that I hear on radio & podcasts, a secret collage.
Sonic was rescued by http://www.dogsandcatsdr.com , I'll repost a link on facebook, I think. The Canadian end of the arrangement was Donna Gavel K9kitchens. Are you dog-shopping?
Anyway, thanks so much for writing! And I hope you get around to quilty things.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin