Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Notes from the Sketchbook, oil pastel, sharpie & copic markers

Venus in Transit: Moleskin travel book, hot pink sharpie ground, black ball-point pen, oil pastel over top.  This one was a lot of fun. I really loved the effect of layering the cooler blues over the hot pink marker.  It will be interesting to try this over a better (more toothsome) paper someday.  This is another example of me throwing creative 'blanks' desparately writing random words, and then prest--I'm getting excited about the planets (accidentally edited Uranus out of the picture, just as well, as I couldn't resist adding a cat-butt)

And on that note, Simba and Batman (who have gorgeous cat-butts, in their not-so-humble opinions).  Their previous owner recently asked for an up-date! Yay!  I love that they care, and that we can relate some really good news.  
This one is three copic markers, bright yellow, red, and duck blue (somewhat teal), going over the same page in multiple layers.  The colours blend in remarkable ways and yellow over blue & red turns a remarkable glowing bronze.

Jungle Fish.  On Sunday I started some randome scribbles in 3 colours of marker (red, blue, yellow), and the result was pretty frenetic.  I added ball-point pen, but it was still eye-searingly busy.  What fun to tone it down and make it flow with a top layer of oil pastel.

And below, more Sonic.  Now he's decided Canada Geese at any distance doing anything at all is super exciting--egads, why did I agree to take in a border collie??? 
He only looks like a whipped puppy here because he does not like being mugged for a photo.  His expression seconds before was lively, press the shutter button, and it instantly changes, weird (and I do have the sound turned off).

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

they always seem to sense when the camera is about to go click, sound or not lol

kaslkaos said...

I wonder if it some function of the 'auto-focus'. At the very least, the lens is moving, making a small sound. I'm not sure how the sensors work. I could probably get him less camera shy by just doing it a lot so he tunes it all out. He's a photogenic guy.

Michelle B. Hendry said...

My cat likes to go all pathetic for the camera too.
Love the colour play.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

there probably is some sound we don't hear but they can. yeah probably just repeating the act of taking a photo would help :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin