Thursday, October 20, 2016

Rain Day, notes from the sketchbook.



Sonic rarely looks grumpy, but squirrels can really get him going. And yes, this he. The squirrel was checking out my bird feeders and striking some fabulous lightning quick poses. Sonic's idiosyncratic hairdo & posture is pretty much memorized.  
I remember not so many years ago wishing desperately that I could draw from imagination, without reference materials--somewhere along the road, it happened, yay.

Abstract oil pastels.
Primary colours, plus orange.

It's a rainy day, so a little more art time, less dog time, although I spent 20 minutes brushing him out. Considering he has a very practical coat, that was hardly necessary--points to the time thief.

Ordinary art supplies online, yikes, another time suck, but done.  Oodles of oil pastels plus a new mini sketchbook on the way.

 

3 comments:

Michelle B. Hendry said...

I love the line work. Nice to see blogging again! One can never have enough art supplies....

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

noisy birds are Sky's enemies :p

buying art supplies, also a wallet breaker lol

kaslkaos said...

Thanks Michelle, hopefully I'll 'stick to it' a bit more now.
Jennifer, yes, wallet breaker, and I forgot to buy RED, how could I possibly forget RED, ack.
Are noisy birds enemies, or tempation frustratingly out of reach?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin